Digital AV Mod Core kit Batch 2
Digital to Digital AV output mod for retro consoles and arcades. Keeps the digital audio and video signals digital from chipset to output. Pure digital, pixel perfect output. Requires soldering
- Universal main board, supporting variety of flex interface boards
- Configurable and updatable over WIFI.
- for 3DO: supports split chipset only : MADAM+CLIO, doesn't support Anvil on first release
- for 3DO: outputs proper 240P without speed up of the games.
- for NEOGEO : initially supports NEO-B1, NEO-GRC and NEO-GRZ chipsets, more flex boards to be released in the future.
- Selectable output modes (initial firmware): 240p (for external DAC), 480i, 480p, 720p.
- Input : 24 bit rgb, pixel clock, system clock, I2S sound, controls
- Output : microHDMI connector, suitable for installation without case modifications.
Keep in mind that installation on 3DO removes analog CVBS/SVideo output. No simultaneous CVBS/SVideo is possible with the mod. Other consoles don't have this limitation.
The core kit comes with selected ribbon kit.
Batch 2 Pre-order. Shipping estimate late December 2023.
for updates follow up this page or https://twitter.com/flxel